We at ADAPTURE are here to help job searchers at all stages find success. This month, we are focusing on setting yourself up for job search success and addressing commonly encountered issues from the start.
Specialization: Is It a Good Idea?
Both specialists and generalists experience different career paths. While specialists typically get hired as highly-paid consultants or contractors for several different companies, generalists are usually favored in the corporate world for full-time positions. It is imperative that you keep your technical skills current. No matter which career path you choose, specialization in at least one area of technology is beneficial.
Gaining Experience in the IT Field: How Do I Do it?
- Offer your services on a contract basis. By giving the employer an opportunity to “try it before they buy it,” you can, at minimum risk to your employer, gain experience in the field while proving yourself as the best candidate for the position.
- Volunteer to work as an intern or apprentice. This is by far the most effective way to break into the IT field while you are fresh out of school.
- Remember to be flexible, work hard, and persevere. Eventually, it will all pay off.
IT Certifications: Where Do I Start?
Whether you are searching for a new career or are looking to advance your skills as an IT professional, there are several industry qualifications that can make a significant impact on your salary and earning potential. Here are the Top 7 Most Profitable IT Certifications you can get to kickstart your job search success.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Developer
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Finding a job in IT is difficult. Let one of the skilled recruiters at ADAPTURE guide you through the job search to success.