Network Security: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions (IDS/IPS)
You need more than a regular firewall to defend your network against the latest threats. Among the top must-haves in cybersecurity today are Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems. An IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System) can monitor network traffic and even inspect deep into packet payloads to detect and counter threats like:
- Operating System (OS) exploits
- Buffer overflows
- Database injections
- Cross-site scripting
- Malicious file executions
- Brute force attacks
- Web application threats
Leading IDS/IPS solutions even come with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities that enable them to catch sensitive data records, such as personally identifiable information (PII), and prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Examples of PII are social security numbers, postal addresses, and credit card numbers.
An advanced perimeter intrusion detection system uses a strong combination of signature, anomaly, behavior, and heuristics-based identification technologies to identify threats and vulnerabilities before they can even enter your network.
Strengthen Your Network with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions from ADAPTURE.
The ADAPTURE cybersecurity team is comprised of seasoned solutions architects who have a deep understanding of IT and information security. We combine decades of experience in the IT industry with a keen interest in the latest information security advancements.
Armed with knowledge of both well-known and rising threats and vulnerabilities, including those catalogued by the OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project), we can configure your IDS/IPS for optimal security.
The experts at ADAPTURE will work with your team to:
- Assist in selecting, installing, deploying, and optimizing your network intrusion detection system
- Interpret data gathered by your IDS/IPS, such as: throughput, blocked packets, injected packets, forwarded packets, possible attacks, and significant events
- Provide actionable insight based on those interpretations
- Architect security policies that apply to your IDS/IPS
- Identify the protocols you use most often and configure the IDS/IPS accordingly
- Write customized signatures for threat identification