Perimeter Security: Next Generation Firewall
Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) have now become crucial to the seamless flow of business operations. They secure networks against unconventional threats, while allowing users to work with today’s software applications.
In the past, firewalls kept threats out by restricting access to selected ports and protocols. That’s no longer enough. For instance, web-based viruses, worms, spyware, adware, trojans and other malware are now known to exploit standard HTTP/HTTPS ports: 80 and 443.
Unfortunately, blocking these ports would also prevent users from doing business-related work on Office 365, Google Drive, Salesforce, Infusionsoft, JIRA, Twitter, Facebook, and other cloud solutions.
A next gen firewall is built to address this type of problem. Application awareness and deep packet inspection capabilities enable differentiation between harmful traffic from that which is transmitted by safe web applications. In addition, next-generation firewalls:
- Identify applications running on your network and the people using them
- Throttle bandwidth consumption of a particular application
- Block or allow specific applications
- Perform user-based filtering, among several other tasks
A next-generation firewall differs from a simple network firewall by incorporating:
- Antivirus Protection
- Intrusion Detection
- Intrusion Prevention
- Content Filtering
Because of this, companies will no longer need to deploy disparate tools to provide adequate security for the enterprise. Today’s NGFWs offer all these industry leading capabilities in just one platform, with visibility and manageability offered under a single pane of glass.
Implement Industry-Leading NGFW Solutions from ADAPTURE.
Armed with decades of experience in the IT industry and various security solutions, our certified security experts and seasoned solutions architects can help you maximize the ROI of your next generation firewall. We’ve partnered with leading next generation firewall vendors and have gained mastery in Dell Sonicwall, Fortinet, Checkpoint, and Palo Alto.
ADAPTURE can provide the following services:
- Conduct next generation firewall comparisons and help you find the best fit for your business
- Deploy, configure and optimize your NGFW in accordance with regulatory, IT, and business requirements
- Train in-house IT staff to administer your next generation firewall and intrusion prevention system
- Perform Active Directory integration
- Carry out firewall migration from a previous system to your NGFW
- Conduct monitoring, health checks, and audits
Is Your Network Secure?
Test your network vulnerability against advanced threats with the CheckMe Instant Security Assessment, powered by Check Point.